25 issues and 2000 pages for print and online. Daily.
Media & Publishing
"The essential aspect of our consultation was to help DRF’s editorial staff rapidly publish content to print and the company’s Website. vjoon K4 is the ideal solution to meet this needs.“
CEO, TrazerEdge (vjoon Integration Partner at DRF)
About the customer:
Daily Racing Form (DRF), "America's Turf Authority Since 1894," has provided horse racing fans with industry news and deep statistical analysis for over 116 years. Beginning as a four-page broadsheet publication, DRF now produces up to 2,000 unique pages of statistical and editorial copy every day, in as many as 25 daily editions. In cooperation with the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters Association, the Daily Racing Form selects the winners of the annual Eclipse Awards.
In 2021, DRF released the DRF Sport website in September, and in October released the DRF Cash Grab free-to-plat sports prediction app. Together with Affinity Interactive, DRF released its first online sports book. The DRF Bets sports went live in Iowa in January 2022.
- Creating a strategy for single source authoring of content for print and Web.
- Implementing a omprehensive plan for editorial and publishing processes across print and digital channels.
- Updating and integrating the company’s workflow management system, Web content management system and digital asset management system in an effort to improve creation, delivery and discoverability of content.
- A scalable technical architecture that supports the organization’s needs around multi-channel publishing.
- The entire DRF editorial team now has a hand in writing content and enriching articles with SEO metadata for stories that appear both in print and online. Breaking news stories are filed within vjoon K4 and appear online within minutes.
- Once content is edited and enriched with metadata, an automated task within vjoon K4 delivers the content to Drupal using vjoon K4 XML Exporter. This new content is automatically imported into Drupal and posted online.