Production management across 12 sites
Media & Publishing
"With vjoon K4, we can continuously improve our production processes. In addition, we still have many ideas for exploiting the potential of vjoon K4 even more efficiently. This lowers costs for us as a service provider, but also for our customers."
Head of Prepress Department, Joh. Heider Verlag GmbH
About the customer:
Founded in 1889 by Johann Heider, the company has developed into a modern production service provider for newspapers and general print products. Now in its fourth generation of owner-management, Heider is characterized by its high level of vertical integration, from media design and production in web offset, sheetfed offset, and digital printing to complex individual and mass mailing. In addition to production, the company offers advertising marketing through its publishing house.
In addition to the high vertical range of manufacture, maximum service orientation and sustainable production are an integral part of the company's philosophy.
Already since the mid-80s, the Heider Verlag has been providing publishing services for associations and services. These range from production to the conception of suitable refinancing options via advertising and insert advertising. The publishing house prints and controls the production of items with, in some cases, up to 25 regional editions with the help of the editorial system vjoon K4. An interesting special feature is the read-aloud option of a publishing object: By calling the number printed next to the article, the content is delivered as an audio file via telephone.
- Conversion of a predominantly manual workflow to a highly automated, system-driven process.
- Connection of different locations, external employees, and customers.
- Efficient production of regional editions.
- Process-controlled, highly automated production of an association newspaper with 13 regional editions.
- Connection of 12 distributed sites.
- 4 times faster PDF creation - time and cost savings in all areas.
- Real-time monitoring and visualization of production processes.
- Significant potential for expanding the range of services offered.