Gooooal! Scored at kicker
Media & Publishing
“With vjoon K4, we are building on a secure, stable, modern and future-focused platform. It lets us extend and automate our cross-media publishing operations. This saves us time and costs.“
Head of IT, Olympia Verlag
About the customer:
Olympia-Verlag publishes kicker-Sportmagazin, and a mountaineering magazine called ALPIN. Headquartered in Nuremberg, the publishing house also produces special editions of these magazines as well as tablet apps.
kicker-Sportmagazin, often called kicker or Der Kicker for short is a semiweekly sports magazine steeped in tradition. Although it focuses mainly on national and international soccer, it also covers all the key events in the world of sports. Some 200,000 copies of the Monday edition are sold every week. In combination with the kicker online website, kicker-Sportmagazin has the greatest reach of any German sports brand.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verlag Nürnberger Presse GmbH & Co.KG, Olympia-Verlag is part of an owner-managed group of companies.
- Replacement of an ATEX installation.
- Implementation of a modern evolving solution.
- Use of familiar Adobe applications.
- Tablet app production.
- Automate routine tasks.
- Company-wide roll-out within one month.
- Use of task-based workflows with high transparency and time savings.
- Automated import of statistics and results from databases.
- Providing a printable PDF to 13 print sites, 25 minutes after the final whistle of the evening match.
- Automated export of data for the web, ePaper, and app.