Setting up fully digital production at short notice at Playboy magazine
Media & Publishing
About the customer:
Kouneli Media was founded in 2019 by Myriam Karsch and Florian Boitin in Munich/Germany. Since its foundation, the young, innovative media company has held the license for Playboy publishing rights (print & digital) for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Since summer 2021, the company has also held the publishing rights (print & digital) for the American media brand SPORTS ILLUSTRATED.
After Hubert Burda Media announced in summer 2019 that it did not wish to continue the license for Playboy magazine, Karsch and Boitin decided to take over the license and continue the production of a combined print and digital Playboy title. Kouneli Media, newly founded for this purpose, then hired SNAP's experienced IT consultants at short notice to select and introduce a suitable production system.
- Fast selection process for the production system.
- Implementation and launch of a fully digital production line within a very short time.
- Smooth transfer of content to a web CMS.
- Implementation of all requirements with K4.
- Launch of the fully digital workflow as early as October 2019.
- Time-saving, direct content transfer to the web CMS.
- By integrating the ad production, editorial production, prepress and print shop processes, the time between the editorial deadline and the start of print production was significantly reduced.