“The project was somewhat easier than others since Blue Apron’s production manager, Gustavo Gonzalez, had many years of expertise in workflows. It was like old home week for me, since Gustavo really knew what Blue Apron needed, and it was really just a matter of translating his vision to the vjoon K4 software.”
(DPCI and Flux Consulting implemented K4 at Blue Apron)
About the customer:
Blue Apron Inc. is an American ingredient-and-recipe meal kit service founded in 2012 that strives to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone. The weekly boxes, insulated and delivered to your door, contain chef-designed recipes, step-by-step instructions, and responsibly-sourced, quality ingredients so that customers can make a delicious meal in exactly the right proportions.
The company was founded in August 2012 by Matt Salzberg, Ilia Papas, and Matt Wadiak. Since the end of 2014, all contiguous US states have been supplied. Since 2015, there has also been a wine delivery service that offers specially produced wines. The company has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange since 2017.
- Handling an ever-growing workload more efficiently.
- Producing recipe cards, wine lists, and a variety of other printed materials on a weekly basis.
- Implementing proven production processes and adapting them to Blue Apron's needs.
- Implementation of the requirements using K4.
- Integration and operation in a cloud environment (Amazon Web Services /AWS).
- Training and remote support.
- Adaptation of further requirements and needs during operation.
- Efficient, weekly production of all materials.